Shawn started his career at Checkers in 1981 and served on the Checkers Group management team for 15 years. He then joined a FMCG Agency in 1996 and headed up the Nestle Dedicated Inland Division for a further 15 years. Shawn became part-owner and Commercial Director of National Pharmacy Agency in 2013. He has an impressive 35 years’ experience in every aspect of the FMCG business.
Core strengths: Financial Management, Effective resource management, Leadership, People management and development, detailed understanding of all trade channels, labour relations, cost management, target driven and Big Picture thinking.
Human Resource Director
Grant started his career in 1986 at South African Breweries in East London and has accumulated 28 years’ experience in HR Management. In 1989 Cashbuild headhunted him, resulting in a move to Johannesburg. This trend continued where Barlow’s, Group 5 and MultiChoice sharpened his HR Managing skill set. Grant was employed by MultiChoice as a HR Consultant for Southern Africa. Thereafter he founded Cornerstone HR and Management Consultancy (Pty) Ltd. Grant is an accredited assessor and facilitator (ETDP Seta). Grant has project managed Learnerships within the Services Seta, W&R Seta, Sasseta, as well as Internships within the FP&M Seta. He is also an accredited Reality-Check EcoMetric practitioner.
Core Strengths: Leadership, HR Legislation, Sales, Marketing, Strategic HR, Business process re-engineering, Learnerships, Internships, Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) and EcoMetric assessments.
In 2014, Samantha began her career in the accounting department of a major logistics company. While holding the full-time position of managing business debtors, Samantha continued part-time studies towards her degree in financial accounting. She then advanced to the position of Financial Controller and worked closely with the Financial Manager. She has 6 years’ experience in different accounting functions and presently operates our financial department as well as managing our administration team.
Core Strengths: Financial Accounting, Payroll Administration, Self-driven, Dedicated, Detail orientated, Disciplined, Teamwork.
- Has 40 years in the South African Retail Industry
- He served on the Executive Management or Panels of Woolworths, Spar, Mica, Imperial Holdings and was MD of the PG Bison Building Channels (Timber City & Penny Pinchers & BUCO Brands)
- Knowledge due to working in the blue-chip companies across various industries is extensive – Checkers, Spar, Woolworths, Dischem, Mica, PG Bison, Imperial
- His core strengths are Strategy, Brand Development, Brand Building and People Development.
- In his positions in Woolworths, Mica, PG Bison and Imperial, during his tenure, business over his period showed a minimum growth of 12% above industry growth.